Artist:
Falke Pisano (born 1978 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands; lives and works in Berlin, Germany).

Materials:
2-channel video; 13 min 50 sec.

Description:
Chillida (Forms and Feelings) is a personal inquiry into my affective relation to a series of photographs taken by the photographer David Finn of sculptures by the Basque sculptor Chillida. While going through the pages of the photo-book I try to trace the relationship between the characteristics of these specific objects, their depiction, the experience of the photographer and his daughter, my own preoccupations concerning existential matters and my emotional response.”
—”Chillida (Forms & Feelings),” website of False Pisano.

“In Chillida (Forms and Feelings) the artist reacts to a series of sculptures by Eduardo Chillida taken by David Finn. The ostensible subject matter is a pretense for Pisano to explore the difficulties of extricating aesthetic sensations from memories, critical insights, and consciousness itself. What begins as an attempt establish relationships between certain specific objects, their representations, and the experience of the photographer and his daughter becomes an abstract meditation on the impossibility of, in the artist’s own words, ‘reflecting without reflecting on reflection’ and the interconnectedness of self-consciousness and aesthetic judgement.”
—”Falke Pisano—Chillida (Forms and Feelings) (The Netherlands, 2006, 13:40 mins),” Impakt.